Chaos = Normal

19 February 2013

Good Morning, lovely bloggy friends.

I've come to realize this morning that I think I just need to accept that chaos is my new normal.  And somehow in that chaos I need to make time to write. Because words are powerful and need to be shared, even if they are rambling, sort-of-not-really well thought out or gramatically correct words.  I love sharing them and I need to do it more often. 




60 Minutes was a huge success! I haven't actually seen it yet, but with the feedback I'm seeing on Facebook and the massive response that broke Mercyships.org (for just a little bit) leads me to believe it was a good piece.  I really appreciate the fact that now many of you have a better idea of why I say this is the most amazing place in the WORLD.  If you haven't seen it, you can watch it here: www.cbsnews.com and there are some 'overtime' segments there, too - interviewing the Parker family who has raised their children entirely on the ship, along with other stories.  Please, check it out! If you were so inspired you want to join us over here on this floating hospital, email me.  We've got positions available all over - medical, administrative, technical, etc.  Come join me....



I took this picture of the sunset on Kassa Island last weekend - a weekend I still must write about.  It'll come, eventually.  For now, this picture will have to do.  It was on my NEWSLETTER which got sent last weekend - if you want to receive it, click on the link to the right! 

A few more words for you today - this quote really struck a chord in me, and so I think it's worth sharing;

"As a woman living in the 21st century I will live as though I have a thousand daughters, even though I have none, because every girl is my daughter and when she sees me, or engages with me, she's looking to me for how to live. So I will live, I will smile, I will laugh, I will speak, and I will pray as though their hearts and souls depend on it." Emily Wierenga 

Oh, that it might be true!  Yes, my heart sings.  K

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |