Sailing

03 June 2013

We departed Conakry just after noon on Saturday.  It was a bittersweet goodbye to a country I've come to love.

The afternoon and evening of Saturday was spent trying to find my sea legs again.  I didn't do so well, as I spent the entirety of Sunday in bed... but today, Monday, I'm doing well, am back up and around, and I think it was actually the anti-seasickness meds that kept me in bed - 'cause once I quit taking them, I was fine!

Photo credit to Ruben Plomp
 
 
The seas have been kind to us; it's been a smooth sail, with dolphins, whales, sea turtles, and flying fish... I heard someone saw a pod of sharks, too!
 
As we speak we're somewhere in between Senegal and the Cape Verde islands.  Estimated arrival in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is Thursday or Friday!
 

The final drill before departure - Lifeboat 1.

K

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |