Thankful

27 January 2013

Today I'm thankful for....

... incredible, amazing, wonderful friends and family on board the Africa Mercy and around the world.  SO grateful for all of you.

...all natural pita chips with sea salt.

...Space.  Being able to sit up in bed. Being able to be alone.  Quiet. Sleeping through the night. Sleeping without earplugs (and possibly getting less ear infections!)  Peace.  The blessing of this space for the next two months. Answered prayers.


... the quilt on my bed that brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart when I think of (and pray for) the person who made it.  <3

... hot water!

... a beautiful weekend.

... friends I feel like I've known forever when reality is it's only been a few weeks.

... friends I know I will be friends with forever after only knowing them a few hours.

... friends who remind me of who I really am.

... "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls." ~Psalm 42:7

... conversations in the creek.

 
 
...soy milk in the dining room!
 
... lingering over coffee.
 
... spontaneous hugs, a hand on my shoulder, affectionate banter in the hallways, a kiddo crawling up into my lap, an encouraging smile from across the room....
 
... a job that I love, at an organization I love, working for people I love. So blessed.
 
... wonderful nurse friends who take care of me when I'm sick and give me drugs.
 
... a good morning run. And being okay with not running for a few days while I get over a cold.
 
... kindle instant book downloads.
 
... the opportunity to learn from some of the best physicians and surgeons in the world about what they are most passionate about during the weekly inservice trainings. Thankful they're open to all crew, not just medical.  Thankful for the wisdom and knowlege given to these incredible people, and the heart to serve in West Africa.
 
... being in the presence of real, true, honest, genuine women.  Being a real, true, honest, genuine woman.  Freedom. Joy. Peace. 
 
...Cherry coke and peanut butter m&m's. 
 
... restful sundays.
 


1 comment :

  1. What what!!! I'm so thankful you're thankful! Love to you. <3

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |