Rock, or sand.

02 October 2013

It's a good thing to have all the props pulled out from under us occasionally. It gives us some sense of what is rock under our feet and what is sand.

~Madeline L'Engle


So if you’re a regular to my blog you have probably read that I’ve had a rough couple of weeks – in fact, this post is probably the saddest thing I’ve ever written.  I hemmed and hawed (who says that?) about hitting ‘publish’ for quite a long time, and eventually did… because that was the reality of my life, and not just a one hour or one day mood swing (which I will never write about!) but a two or three week stretch of time that was just hard.  I won’t ever publish something that I don’t feel a peace about sending, regardless of the content.  And generally the posts that are the hardest to hit ‘publish’ are the ones that resonate the most with others… and this was no different.

I’m quite honestly humbled and honored by some of the feedback I’ve gotten.  I’ve felt loved and supported and encouraged and even challenged a bit, all wonderful things. But the thing that has surprised me the most is the comments from people here on the ship.  I’m partially surprised by how many people here actually read my ramblings, but the overwhelming theme of all responses has been:

I feel the same way.

I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one who feels that way.

You could be writing my own thoughts right now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Oh, friends, you are not alone. Come sit with me in the dining room and we’ll chat. J  But really, I’m just grateful that God has once again used my rambling words to speak to the hearts of his people.   

And there’s something about authenticity that lessens the weight of whatever is heavy on your heart.  I’m feeling better, putting one foot in front of the other, just doing what I know to do to the honor and glory of my creator and trusting him with the rest.  And like the quote above, I do think it’s important to take these opportunities to really press into seeing and understanding what you’ve built yourself and your identity on – the rock, or the sand.
 
 - Krissy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |