Insanity... and the numbers.

28 August 2012

Good Morning!
Sorry for the long blog-hiatus. My life is pure insanity right now... and I love it!

I spent two weeks in Minnesota - A few days in Duluth, my hometown, a few at my family's cabin in Nisswa, and then finished up the 'farewell' tour in Minneapolis, visiting my grandpa, extended family, the Minnesota State Fair, and Mall of America.  All in all, it was a good trip, and I was able to see/say goodbye to everyone I felt I needed to!

I just got back on Friday night, and the last three days have been more insanity.  I was honored to have a send-off by Eastside Foursquare church, went to a wedding shower, have had great meaningful conversations with friends, and made an airport run!  I leave tomorrow morning for the OC... awesomeness will surely ensue.

This morning I'm trying to catch up on paperwork, and spent a considerable amount of time crunching some numbers.

A question I've faced many times in the last few days - "How much money do you still need?" - is a somewhat awkward one for me.  Partially because I still have quite a few people who have made verbal commitments, but I haven't actually received any monetary commitments. (if you're one of those, simplify my life and click the 'donate' link above!) Partially because in this line of work, or life calling, I will ALWAYS have need. 

The other reason I have trouble answering this question is because I feel my job is to present the opportunity for you to join me in mission, but the amount is up to you! What you give is between you and God, or you and your conscience, or you and yourself. 

However... because I know so many of you want specifics - my biggest need is right now I need about $3k to come in before I arrive in Texas in 16 days.  This will cover the remaining fees I have to pay for Gateway, for my travel to Gateway and my travel to Africa (this is the big ouch...).  Beyond that, I still have need for monthly donors as well as one-time gifts. If you want even more specific information, feel free to email me and I can get more specific. 

Click the "donate" link right here on my blog and you will be taken to my "crewmates" page. There, you can click "donate" again and it will go directly into my account, and you will get a tax reciept at the end of the year!

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions, concerns, or comments.  I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has given, who will give, I'm honored that you see the potential in me and in the mission of Mercy Ships.

Krissy

(Photos of my time in Minnesota will come... eventually.)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |