Hopping around.

17 April 2018

It’s gotten to a point where I have so much to write about, I don’t know where to start or how to convey everything I want to… so I end up just putting it off another day.  Which, if you know me, is quite unlike me – I’m usually whatever the opposite of a procrastinator is, and like to get things done and off my plate.  Well, tonight I’m determined to cross “blog” off my to-do list, so will just jump right in with an update on life. 




After a tearful Boston goodbye I flew through a snowstorm in New York on to a beautiful day in Colorado Springs.  Spring-like sunshine and the beauty of Garden of the Gods soothed my weary heart, a welcome space to breathe the season of ends and beginnings.



Reunions with dear friends, several of whom I forgot to take pictures with, reminded my heart that true friendships endure regardless of the years apart or miles in between.  I’m so grateful. 


Then I had the privilege of serving the Ransomed Heart team on the work crew for Captivating, a women’s conference I’ve helped with several times over the years (my first was in 2004!) and got to reconnect with old dear wonderful friends and was blessed immensely with bunches of new beautiful heart friends in just a few days.  I think there’s a whole blog post in me about the weekend that I’ll post eventually, but for now, some of the beauty:



Then it was onward to Seattle, where I’m staying for a few weeks to prepare for the big move to Liberia.  The headquarters of my new organization, Orphan Relief and Rescue, is here and I’m able to get to know the staff here while learning all I can about the programs, processes, and operational procedures before heading over.  It’s been a fruitful time, and a great time to reconnect with Seattle friends and family.


So that’s the practical update at the moment; I leave for Liberia on April 28th, so in less than two weeks I’ll be sweating like crazy and trying to be understood and probably wondering what on earth I was thinking!  But I know it’s right and I’m really excited.  I’ve got about a dozen half-written blog posts about a variety of topics, but now that I’ve gotten this one written maybe they’ll get finished!




Thanks for being a part of my story.  Much love, Krissy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |