All the difference.

01 January 2017


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - 
I took the one less traveled by, 
And that has made all the difference.*

Reflecting, as one does at this time of year, has me filled with gratitude for what has been.  I welcomed 2016 in on the beach in Madagascar; I ring it out in the cold, snowy woods of northern Minnesota.  In between I've visited several countries, climbed some mountains (both literal and figurative), grew academically, professionally, and personally, published a few papers, managed some incredible programs and dreamed big dreams for Madagascar, Cameroon, and Benin. 


Every year has the potential for more - more joy, more love, more hope and creativity and adventure.  My commitment with Mercy Ships is finished on June 1, and after five years on the ship and eight years in Africa, it seems a new path will make itself clear in the coming weeks and months.


I am looking forward to the road less traveled.  Happy New Year. 


*The Road Not Taken, by Robert Frost

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |