Thankful Sunday

06 January 2013

Today I'm thankful for...

... the 59 people who joined or returned to the ship yesterday. Thankful for them, following the calling to serve on Mercy. I'm so thankful for the Reception team, for the Hospitality team, for the Pursers office, and all the ships drivers who worked so well together and got every single one of them embarked and oriented, all the cabins were ready, no one got left behind and no luggage was lost. Incredible team. And I'm thankful I'm a ships driver and got to be a part of the beautiful chaos.

... the excitement all these new people bring to the ship. The excitement I feel about getting to meet them and be a part of their story.  The fact that I love doing that.. and that it's my job, too!   How many people get to live their dream job??  Incredible. So grateful.

... Yesterday I got to welcome a new crew member onboard (earlier in the day, before the huge influx...) who has been a day worker with us for five years, following the ship wherever it docked, working so hard... finally his dream of becoming crew was granted and I got to be the one to welcome him on board, see that his questions were answered and instructions were understood. It was awesome.  He was so so so so happy. And I got to be a part of it!  So grateful.

...lingering over coffee.

...finding Cherry Coke at the supermarket, and getting to bless some friends who love it.

...answered prayers.


...this orange.  A friend asked if there was anything I wanted at the fruit market, and I said something in passing about the imported oranges we had at Christmas and I wish I could have some more of those, but I wasn't really serious as they are expensive and we have African oranges on the ship, so I said nevermind, I'm good.  Well, she came back with this beauty for me.  So grateful for her, and for it.

...the Christmas container has arrived!! It'll be unloaded tomorrow!

...Spontaneous hugs from friends.

...my immune system fighting the cold that wanted to get me down but didn't.


...my new running shoes!  So grateful for Erin bringing them across the ocean for me.  Also grateful for the surprise donations that came in at the end of December that allowed me to order these.  I ran in them this morning, it was like a dream....

...getting to help Andrew unload Crew Mail and organizing it, writing names on the sides of packages. I love bringing order to chaos.  And I love knowing how excited those people were going to be when they picked up the packages.  And getting to pray for each one of them as I wrote their names down.

...orange juice is back in the dining room!

...back rubs, shoulder massages... even just a loving hand to the arm in conversation... my need for human touch being sensed and fulfilled by loving friends.

...Eastside Foursquare Church saying YES to supporting me - so so so so so grateful!


...Christmas blend!!  Erin, you spoiled me!! She lovingly brought me TWO POUNDS of my absolute favorite coffee.  What a blessing!! 

...Triscuit crackers. 

...the awesome conversation with a crewmember about his future with Mercy Ships and his hopes and dreams... 

...my running friends.  I am so grateful for them.   I so look forward to my runs, and it's because of their beautiful company and words and conversations and encouragement and it's just such a huge blessing that I get to be a part of that. 


...My old running shoes.  They've carried me through many miles of pain and joy and rain and dirt and garbage and I'm grateful for every one of those miles.  However... it's time for them to retire.

...air conditioning in my cabin that works most of the time.

... the gift of a heart friend that just gets me, and without having to explain anything, just loves me well.

... "Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands." Isaiah 43:19 (msg)


...a job that I love and look forward to going to.

...my readers. so grateful for you.

krissy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |